Friday, September 4, 2015

Odds and Ends

We are finally finished acquiring stuff for youngest child.  Her clothes are all washed, and she has begun deciding what goes with her, what stays here, and what is going to the thrift shop.  The large pile of stuff that she's had spread all over the house is slowly being combined down into just a few boxes and bags.  The rest of the house looks like a clothing and paper bomb went off and spread a fine layer of stuff everywhere.

A Different Kind of Birth Control
Daughter was at her boyfriends' house a couple of weeks ago.  She and her boyfriend were sitting in the living room, getting a little snuggly and cozy.  His mom walked in, sat down with them, and began talking to them.  "So, did I ever tell you about when he was born?  I was in labor for 26 hours with him.  He did so much damage to my vagina when he was born, I had to have 6 stitches in my vagina.  Did you know they can put stitches there?"  Daughter's boyfriend was mortified, and kept asking "Can we please stop talking about this mom?  I don't want to know anything more about your vagina"....  Daughter thought it was great, and kept asking questions.  Boyfriend asked her "How can you keep talking about this?"  Daughter started laughing and said "She was trying to kill the mood, and she killed the mood!  I admire the way she did it, and figured it was worth asking her to tell more of her story!"

I've got to admit, I've had 3 kids, and I never thought about sharing the kids' birth stories as a way to help with birth control!  It's a stroke of genius, if you ask me!


Adopt an Animal
Just below this post,  I have shared the video from the Carroll County Animal Shelter about animal adoption weekend.  You know, the ultimate goal of an animal shelter is to get animals into a forever home, and save their lives.  Even if you live nowhere near Carroll County, your local animal shelter has animals that are in desperate need of a forever home!

Not My Girl Friend

Middle child has a friend, who is a girl, who goes to college with him and went to high school with him. They spend a lot of time together, and they seem to know more about what's going on in each other's lives than their respective parents do.  I stopped by middle child's school on the way home today to work on some paperwork.  We were walking back to the car, talking, when all of a sudden, he was gone.  I looked around, and saw him waving at his "not girlfriend" as he walked over to her.
I looked at the two of them, and then said "So, I guess we're done here?"  He jumped, looked at me a little guilty and said "uummm...."   I told them both to enjoy their weekend and walked away.

Not my girlfriend.  Right.


Baby Panda at the National Zoo!
Do you want to see pictures from the Baby Panda?  You can see the pictures from the National Zoo on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/pandastory/.

The Zoo has an Instagram Account, which you can find here: https://instagram.com/smithsonianzoo/

They've also set updates on their website, which you can find here: https://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/GiantPandas/PandaUpdates/default.cfm

Gotta admit it, I'm a panda freak!  I love the pandas, and I do check in on them a couple of times a day!


Lightly Used Quarterback for Trade
Have you seen this ad circulating on social media?
You can find the original post on Craig's List here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bar/5199637176.html -
But, I'm going to cut and paste the text below, because this ad will eventually disappear.

I am looking to barter a EUC QB. There is nothing wrong with the QB as stated by numerous doctors. Interested in all offers. O-line, D-line, linebacker, safety, corners, anyone that can tackle. Got a gift certificate to Ruby Tuesday? Let's talk. Anything here people. All I can do is say no. (I won't.) Take this QB off my hands before I have to cut him.

I will not respond to texts. No "tire kickers" please, these legs have been put through the wringer, but are perfectly capable of playing in the NFL if you get him out of our Charlie Foxtrot organization. I will respond to e-mails daily with a little bit of a smirk and a short answer that may change tomorrow morning if management tells me what I said was wrong.

Also, see my other ad in the jobs section titled "Head Coach looking for football related job with stable organization." Or visit my website at: www.getmetheheckoutofdc.com

Please, I'm begging here.


Stay safe and enjoy the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment