Saturday, September 19, 2015

You Know You're Having a Bad Week When...

Do you remember when I fell back in April?  Banged the daylights out of my knee?  It slowed me down for most of the summer.  I rolled that ankle 3 more times before June, but it hasn't happened since then, so I thought I was free and clear.

Well.... when we were in Georgia last week dropping daughter off, I rolled my ankle once again while walking on some cobblestones.  I put off going to the doctor, but finally, the pain was enough that I felt I had to go into the doctor.

I went in.  And yes, my knee is a mess.  But, my ankle is a bigger mess.

Long story short, I've seen not only my regular nurse practitioner, I've also seen an orthopedic surgeon.  I've had X-Rays, and an MRI.  I've been told to keep my ankle wrapped, and I've been told to keep it elevated.  And oh, yeah - that knee is going to be a problem, too.  But, since it's the ankle that keeps rolling out from under me, it's the ankle that is the priority.

They think I've torn ligaments and/or tendons in my ankle that never completely healed.

So, I sit and wait.  I'll hear back from the orthopedic surgeon next week.  What is next?  PT or surgery?  Only time will tell.

I'm really hoping for PT, but I'll do whatever it takes to get my ankle steady and sturdy.

If you've got some time, I'd appreciate some positive thoughts and prayers sent my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment