Friday, January 7, 2022

Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge

We stumbled across this gorgeous Wildlife Refuge, just outside of Newport! Unfortunately, I was not able to get a tamp for my Parks Passport from this park. The visitors center was still closed to the public. But the trails!  Oh my, the trails were absolutely lovely!  I have to admit that it was a little shocking as we were walking down a trail to the ocean to see a sign that said "Never turn your back on the ocean".  As we got down to the waterside trails and I saw the waves and the rocks, I could easily imagine just how dangerous the water can be when storms are approaching. Fortunately, we were there on a day when the weather was beautiful and the ocean was calm We had a fantastic time! We walked the full length of the perimeter trail twice, and then we found a place to break open our picnic basket and eat our lunch.

If you'd like to visit the website for the Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge, you will find it here: https://www.fws.gov/refuge/sachuest_point/

Below you will see some of the pictures that I took at Sachuest Point! 

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment