Friday, January 14, 2022

Vermont

 We stopped for a few days in Stowe, Vermont. While it is known primarily as a ski town, in the summer the hills are filled with beautiful trails to hike and a small city with so much to see. This beautiful mountain town was a wonderful place to explore! We drove across New Hampshire to get to Vermont. I didn't get pictures of New Hampshire - I was entirely too busy gawking at the beautiful scenery that is New Hampshire. We did not make it to the top of Mount Washington. at that point, I was getting a little car sick. Instead, we stopped in town, walked around for a while and got a meal to eat. 

We did stop by the Trapp Family Inn for a quick look-see. It's a gorgeous Inn, with beautiful views overlooking the mountains. I didn't take any pictures while I was there. I kept getting drawn in by the views. I love Vermont! I'll be back!


Smuggler's Notch State Park.


Upstream from the waterfall.


Along the creek in the park in the middle of Stowe.

We made a stop at Ben & Jerry's. While there were no factory tours due to CoVid, the store was open! They even had Dairy Free Sorbet!

Another one of those beautiful trails! This is supposed to be a snowshoe trail in the winter.

It really seems kind of rocky for snowshoes or cross country skis.


And then we found this wonderful place, the Stowe Mercantile. They had a little bit of everything in the store. Penny Candy! Maple Syrup everything! Knick-knacks, shirts, books, stickers, everything you can posibly imagine. I spent a couple of hours exploring this fantastic place! (Pictures above and below. I have a couple hundred more pictures in my phone, but do we really need that many pictures?)



No comments:

Post a Comment