Monday, January 3, 2022

Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll French Toast

 This isn’t my recipe. I found it while searching through Pinterest, looking for something tasty to have on New Year’s Day for Brunch.  And boy, did this recipe deliver! It’s rare to find a gluten free recipe that makes you want to jump up and down and shout from the rooftops how good it is.  And here we are, with a recipe so good that it makes me want to jump up and down and shout from the rooftops just how good it is!

I mostly made the recipe as it is written, but I made several modifications that I wanted to share with you. I used a loaf of the gluten free bread that I had in the house. (I was not in the mood to run to the grocery store to get the loaf the recipe called for. I wanted to stay in my pj’s.)  The loaf of bread that I had only filled an 8 x 8 inch pan once it was toasted, so that was what I used. As a result, I cut the recipe in half.  Until I got to the eggs. Putting in only 3 eggs filled the pan up less than halfway. I ended up using all of the eggs that the recipe called for and I don’t regret it at all.  The resulting product was a tasty, filling casserole.

I did follow the directions for the dairy free option due to the dairy allergies in the house.

We were also wondering if this would work with a flax egg or aquafaba? I think it would. This is something that we will need to explore in the future.

One last note before I link you to the recipe: this is a really sweet dish. We had syrup but didn’t use it because the dish was sweet enough on it’s own, and there were enough eggs to keep the bread from drying out.


https://www.mamaknowsglutenfree.com/cinnamon-roll-french-toast-casserole/


PS - I’m sorry there aren’t any pictures! I honestly didn’t think about it until after we finished it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment