Monday, January 10, 2022

Acadia National Park, part 1

Bar Harbor, Maine.

This was my very first trip to Maine. With any luck, it will not be my last. I love Maine, and there is so much more that I need to see! I feel like I only scratched the surface of this beautiful state.

We spent several days in Acadia National Park.  And I DID get the Park Stamps! Acadia is so lovely.  We hiked. We walked carriage trails. We visited the quiet side. We went to Schoodic. We went to the top of  Cadillac Mountain. And the wildlife! There was so much to see, everywhere. We even got to see the Nesting Peregrine Falcons on one of the mountains that leads up the Precipice Trail. The Park Rangers were in the parking lot with their high powered binoculars they had mounted on tripods and trained on the Falcon Nest. We couldn't see the babies but we did get to see Mom and Dad landing on the ledge with fresh, wiggling food for their babies.

Bar Harbor is a cute little town. We spent a lot of time wandering around town and exploring. I managed to find food that I could safely eat. We ate indoors once, packed lunches and ate on the trail, and picked up carry out a few times and ate on the village green or down on the Ocean Path. 

We never made a sunrise. We were close to the Summer Solstice and I simply could not wake up early enough to see the sky before sunrise. Our hotel room faced East, and every morning we were there, I managed to wake up early enough to see the sun moments after it breached the horizon.

I'll do my best to share a few of my favorite pictures this week. I don't want to do a massive photo dump all at once. That would be overwhelming. Not only for you to look at - but also for the blogger platform to attempt to handle. 

 One really funny thing to note - when we were by the ocean, I kept trying to take pictures of the waves crashing on the rocks. I told husband at the time that I was going to look back at the pictures in about 6 months and say "wow, that's a lot of rocks". January of 2022 as I'm looking back at the pictures, all I can think is "wow, that's a lot of rocks".

So today, here's a few pictures of Bar Harbor. 


 A moments after sunrise view from our hotel window.


Downtown on the green grass, looking out towards Bar Island. Note: parking is a bear.



Yet another attempt at a sunrise.


Moose over Bar Harbor!


Sunset


Such a cute town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment