Tuesday, June 14, 2022

A Trip to the Vet



 Waiting for the vet to arrive.


Princess Hermes hates riding in the car. I suspect that this is because at the age of 2, she was taken from the home where she had lived all but the first
6 weeks of her life and dumped at the animal shelter. When I picked her up, the poor thing was so scared she threw up, pooped, and peed in the carrier on the way home.
 

I’ve taken her to the vet 3 times since then. We were fostering to adopt with her, and once we made the decision to adopt, I filled out the paperwork and took her to the vet. We didn’t even make it out of the carport before she pooped, peed, and threw up all over the carrier. Keep in mind, we live 2 miles away from our Vet’s office.  


Last year, we made a full mile before she totally lost itThe poor thing threw up again on the way home. My vet joked that it was nice of her to present a full stool sample when she walked in!


Last week, I was prepared for anything. I put her in her carrier – and I had a towel at the bottom. This time, I thought ahead and took an extra towel wrapped up in a plastic bag. We made it with no issues. And then, I picked up her carrier to take her into the vet. That's when she finally lost control. Fortunately, she only threw up.  


I whipped out the soiled towel once we were in the office and put the new one inside her carrier. The soiled towel went into the plastic bag to be washed when we got home.




She approves of the towel on the scale.


And Hermie? She had a great time. She explored everything and talked with the vet when she came in with a wide range of purrs and small “mrows” and only one hiss. She had no issues going home.


Considering that we’re moving in less than a month, I’m really hoping that we will do okay with the 30 minute drive to the apartment. There’s nothing worse than an upset cat trapped in a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment