Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Oregon

 I went to a library conference in March. It was the first in-person conference in two years, and it was lovely!  I had an absolutely wonderful time! The conference was held in Portland. I had a great time exploring everything around the hotel and in the Convention Center. The food was amazing!  The weather was beautiful most days, even if it did rain most days.

I met a lot of authors.  A LOT of authors. Some are very well known and some will soon be well known. I went to their talks, I met them in the exhibits, and I saw them in the hotel lobby. It was awesome!

Here are some of the highlights of my days at the convention in Portland:


I love how the publishers highlight their books of note - they stick these bookmarks in with the names of the honors that the book has received.

 

What trip to Portland is complete without a pilgrimage to Powell's Books?


The food! Look at this presentation! And this was a carry out container!



The stone lion!

The elephant statue!


The books I picked up!  So many books!


Salmon in a banana leaf with blue rice. 

I'd never had blue rice before. It was so good!




Chicken Schwarma. I first tried it when I was searching for food in Quebec. Ever since then, one of my favorite go to travel foods is Chicken Schwarma. I got this from a food truck behind the hotel.



Such an elegant mountain. This was the only view I had of it the entire time I was there - while the weather was beautiful it was cloudy.

I love this elegant lion so much, I went back to visit him on another night.

 
Juevos Rancheros


No comments:

Post a Comment