Saturday, November 9, 2013

Another Gold Award Project

I am so proud of the girls in my Girl Scout Troop!  We have 5 girls in our troop.  They are all Juniors in high school.  4 of them are pursuing their Gold Awards.  (And I am an advisor to one other girl who is not in my troop, who is currently a Senior in high school.)

Today is another Gold Award Project!

This young lady is holding a baton twirling workshop for younger girls today!

She has been twirling and competing since she was a wee little one.

Her hope is that she will show kids a new and different way to get exercise, and maybe even get some of them hooked on twirling at the same time!  The ultimate goal is to help combat childhood obesity while having fun.

I'm headed out in a few minutes.  I am working the registration table this morning.

Who knows, maybe I'll learn how to twirl? 

No comments:

Post a Comment