Thursday, November 28, 2013

I am thankful for

The top ten things I am thankful for:

1) My family - my husband and my kids.

2) My friends.  They've been there for me  through thick and through thin.

3) This amazing country - the United States of America- in which we live.  I know the system seems broken at times, but we are a 200+ year experiment with a freely elected Democracy.  Pretty cool when you think through all of the implications!

4) My Mom.  She's still alive, healthy, and feisty.  Since she's 83 years old, I don't underestimate this gift.  I am very fortunate.

5) My House.  It's not much, but its where I live.  I'm thankful to have a roof over my head and a place to lay down at night.

6) My Job.  Yes, I am a substitute teacher.  I live the life of a vagrant, up and down halls of schools, facing different children every day.  I am very fortunate that I work primarily out of one school, and I know almost all of the kids in that school.  The kids are awesome, the staff is amazing!

7) My Church.  I have a wonderful church, with amazingly gifted leaders.  I feel blessed by them and their leadership on a daily basis.  Even more, I can freely worship at the church of my choice.  Considering world history and religion, that is not something to sneeze at!

8) Good Weather.  We are traveling to my Mom's house today.  I am thankful beyond words that the weather is bright and clear for our travels today!

9) The cats.  If you have pets, you know what I'm talking about!  

10) You.  The people who take the time to read my ramblings!  I see the number of people who visit my site, and I am humbled.  Thank you so much for spending some of your day with me!  You have no idea how much it means to me to realize that someone feels my writing has worth and value. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment