Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Some Random Thoughts

We hit a perfect storm of events on Monday.

Thanksgiving is in the air, and our grocery stores are always packed the week before Thanksgiving.  A winter storm was headed our way, and whether or not the roads would be clear was questionable.  

I made the mistake of stopping by the store on the way home from work on Monday to pick up a jar of spaghetti sauce.  Every single register (there are 24 of them) was opened and had a line.  I ended up spending well over half an hour in line for my single jar of sauce.



My boys are both home from school.  They finished at 7:30 tonight.  Right now, we're all sitting around the kitchen, talking about the Hobbit Breakfast at Denny's.  it's good to have them all sitting around the table, chatting it up with each other.  Life is good!



I made my pies today to take to my Moms house for dinner tomorrow.  I used a different pie crust mix this year.  The pecan pie looks awesome, the apple pie looks divine, and the pumpkin pie turned out green.  Yep, that's right- the pie is green.  Husband ran out and purchased an alternate one from the grocery store.  The boys have since taken care if the green pie.  They've told me they'll need another pie before they can decide whether or not it is "good".



My laptop is still with the Geek Squad.  I've been following its travels through the tracking numbers.  This morning, it was in Lexington, KY.  Tonight, it is in Pennsylvania.  Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I don't think I'll see it before Friday.  I'm surprised at how much I miss my laptop!


We took daughter to National Portfolio Day in Baltimore over the weekend.  So many kids.  So much talent.  Every major art and design school in the nation was there.  What an experience!  My degree is not in the arts, so this was a totally new and enjoyable experience for me.



I hope that you and all of yours have a wonderful, safe, and happy Thanksgiving, surrounded by people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment