Monday, November 18, 2013

My Accomplishments

I haven't gotten much accomplished over this past week.  I think that's a good thing, as it means I have been subbing more.

On the down side, I've been subbing more, so I haven't accomplished as much as I would have liked!

We did get the windows caulked.

Our church bazaar is coming up this weekend.  A big draw for me is the White Elephant Sale.  I usually take a car load of old stuff from the basement over to the church, in addition to some crafts that I have made and my world famous pecan coffee cake.  I've been loading up boxes to take to the White Elephant Sale.  I hope to be able to drop my items off on Weds. afternoon.  My crafts are set aside, and I am going to purchase the ingredients for the coffee cake this afternoon when I run errands.

I've shredded a huge pile of papers that have stacked up in the corner of the living room.

I organized all of our photos from 2008.  I have them backed up on flash drives, an online storage system, and CD's.  I've found some photos that I've printed out and have framed to give to the grandmothers this year!

Daughter's cross stitch for Christmas is almost finished.  I have a coupon for 50% off of framing, if I get it in before Nov. 30.  I'm hoping to have it done before the end of the week - but I find that the closer I get to finishing, the lower my motivation!  NOOoooo!!  Must finish cross stitch... must finish...

Daughter and I went to the Concurrent Enrollment seminar at our Community College.  We found out that she can take up to 2 classes per semester at the college.  Our school system demands that the kids take 4 classes per year.  She'll have to take 2 of those classes at her high school, and 2 at the community college.  She can take more than 2 classes per semester, but she won't get as big of a tuition break if she does.  The cost per credit hour for the high school students is $100.  So, for 6 credit hours in the fall, we'd pay $600.  Still considerably less than 4 year college tuition.  Her credits, as long as she earns a C or above, will transfer to a 4 year college.  With an AP test, everything would depend upon how well she does on the exam.  We met a couple of the teachers, we talked with some current and former students, and I am impressed with the program.  She has started contacting the admissions officers at the 4 year schools she is looking into to see what classes they recommend her taking.

In a virtually unheard of amount of forethought, I have actually addressed all of the Christmas cards already.  Pictures for family have been included, and I actually hand wrote short notes in most of them!  I need to pick up stamps, but it looks as if the cards will actually be mailed out this year - BEFORE New Year's Day!

Thanksgiving plans with my family have been made.  We will be going to my Mom's house.  The annual recipe hunt has begun, with everyone claiming on the online invite what wonderful creation they will be bringing with them!  My in-laws will be coming along, also.  I don't know... a 2 hour drive down 95 South with my mother in law in the car.  It promises to be something.  I'm not sure WHAT that something is, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment