Monday, February 10, 2014

My Accomplishments

This past week was very productive! 

Because of the snow and ice, I had no jobs outside of the house, but I got a lot done inside!

1) I stewed up a bunch of pumpkin and froze it in portions for pumpkin bread and pumpkin muffins.
I don't can pumpkin- the FDA advises against this, as it can harbor bad bacteria even after it's been processed. 

2) Celery was on sale at the grocery store.  I bought a lot of it, cut it down, and flash froze it on cookie sheets.  Another staple, frozen and ready to use later.

3) I finished the shawl I've been working on and mailed it out.

4) We didn't get the branches in the back yard cut up.  Instead, we helped cut down branches that had fallen off of several of the trees at the church.  We split the wood with the other family that showed up to clean up the deadfall Saturday morning.

5) We had no meals out this past week.  Every meal was cooked from scratch.  Chili, vegetable soup, veggie stir fry, and baked potatoes were among the items on our menu.  I made a couple of batches of gluten free muffins, and gluten free waffles.

6) I attempted to make a loaf of gluten free bread from scratch this week.  It's still not the final product I want, but it was more edible.  I've finally figured out how to make decent gluten free muffins, pizza crust, and waffles.  I still need to figure out the magic behind the bread.  I'll be doing a little more trial and error!

7) Even though it was cold and frozen outside, I used the indoor clothesline to line dry our clothes.  Not only did they not use any electricity to dry, the extra humidity from the drying clothes made the house a little more comfortable.

8) I renewed my teaching certificate.  Not only does it keep my options open should I ever need a teaching job, it translates into $25 extra for every day I work.  Pretty nice payback for keeping my certification current!

9) I've managed to get some form of exercise every day this week.  Important for my health, difficult to do in this weather.

10) I got my blood work done. Good to know that my numbers are right where they should be, better to know my doctor has baseline data on where my numbers are now.

What did you accomplish this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment