Friday, February 28, 2014

Resolutions

If you remember, I made some big resolutions back at the beginning of the year.  Since this is the last day of February, I thought I'd check my progress!

1) 365 Grateful
I haven't been doing this every day.  I have been taking pictures, but I haven't been diligent.  I'll post pictures from Feb. tomorrow.  In the meantime, I've started a Gratitude Journal that I will be keeping throughout Lent.  I've already decorated the front cover, and have already added two items to my journal.

2) Lose 10 pounds.
I lost 2 more this month.  When you add that to January's stellar loss of 1 pound, that's 3 pounds that I'm down.  Slow and steady wins the race, right?  I have 7 more to reach my goal.  It seems like a daunting task, but hey, I've already lost 3 pounds this year.  That's progress!

3) Run
Way too cold.  Way too snowy.  I haven't been out... at all.  The roads have just been too dangerous for me.  I don't even know if I'll be able to finish the Color Run at this point.

4) Get out of Debt
Working on it.  We've paid cash for every single thing we've bought this month.  Even the new floor in our hallway.  That was a cash purchase.

5) Finish Cleaning Out the Basement
Didn't even touch it this month.  On the up side, I did lift up over 600 pounds of ceramic tile off of the floor, and hubby hauled it to the dump.  I cleaned out (and am still sorting) items from the closets: the linen closet by the bathroom door and the coat closet by the front door.  I found 10 pairs of outgrown boots.  I've been trying to give them away to families we know who have kids before I haul them to Goodwill. 

6) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt.
No progress was made.  When we pulled up the tile in the hallway, we had to move the china cabinet.  All of the china from the cabinet is now sitting on the table where I usually use my sewing machine.

7) Spend More Time With My Family
Done and Done.  Lots of snow days.  Lots of time with daughter this month.  Middle child is home for the weekend, too.  We are looking forward to a great weekend!

8) Finish Writing the Book I Keep Saying I'm Going to Write.
I edited and added pictures for two more chapters.  Out of an original 12 planned chapters, I now have finished, edited, and "prettied up" 3 chapters.

9) Finish the Hallway Bathroom
Still saving money for this.  Hope to have the work begun in June.

10) Get Back Into My Music
I'm still singing with the church choir, although I admit that getting to church no later than 7:30 on Sunday Morning is a bigger challenge than I originally thought it would be.  The reward is that I get to go to Victor's Sunday School class after.  He is an amazing teacher, and makes getting up early worth the effort.

Our director has been pulling lots of Gospel music.  Two weeks ago, we sang "Order My Steps".  We'll be singing another Gospel piece on Sunday.

How are you doing on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment