Wednesday, April 16, 2014

More Colleges

We visited the last of the college campuses yesterday.  (In Brooklyn). 

Awesome school! We've found the match!  But, with only 10% of all applicants selected to join the freshman class, we have to be realistic.  The odds are great that she might not be accepted.  She's a very competitive candidate, but we won't know until she applies if she's good enough.  She's got 2 other excellent schools on her list of final choices, but this school is #1.  

Once we finished looking at schools, we spent a rainy day walking through New York City, visited the Grand Central Library, Grand Central Station, and Times Square.

Notes to self:
#1) Do not buy a new pair of shoes the day before you leave on a walking trip.

#2) If you insist upon buying a new pair of sneakers, make sure you get the correct size.  I swear I tried on an 8.5 and a 9.  Up until yesterday when I wondered why my feet hurt so much, I could have sworn I bought the 9's.

#3) When the blister begins to form on your foot, use regular band-aids on your foot.  Do NOT use the special blister healing band-aids.

#4) If you do use the blister healing band-aids, be very careful when pulling them off.  I managed to pull the band aid off last night, but not before it had torn the blister and a good chunk of skin out of my heel.  Band-aids, Neosporin and ice were the order of my night last night.  Looks like I'll be wearing my slip ons home in the car today!

#5) If its a beautiful sunny day in New York, packing a lunch and finding a spot to sit and eat is easy.  If its a wet, rainy day, you will NEVER find a spot to sit down.  Ever. Ditto with restaurants with a wait less than an hour.

This was fun, but I'm ready to go home now!

No comments:

Post a Comment