Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Accomplishments

I wish I could say I had accomplished something this past week.  I really wish I could.

I started a new job, working in an academic library last week.  It's a great job.  It's part time.  I work in the morning only, and I'm finished by noon every day.

The problem is getting used to a different schedule.

I have yet to get myself organized enough.  I finally figured out how much food I need to eat for breakfast in order to see myself through the morning.  (I don't have any breaks, and I'm not allowed to eat while on duty.)  My next challenge is to figure out something quick to take for lunch, and to find out where the staff lunch room is located.

I also need to figure out how to work in exercise.  I'm used to doing it first thing in the morning right after I drop daughter off at school.  As of now, I'm driving to work as soon as I drop her off at school. 

It's a change in routine.  It's always harder than you think it's going to be.

I have still managed to cook dinner from scratch every night this week.  Actually, now that I'm done by noon, dinner is much less frantic than it has been in the past!  I can stop on the way home and pick something up if I need to, and I'm able to plan meals out and prepare meals without feeling rushed.

And so, having said that, I have my goals for this next week:
1) Find the staff lunch room.
2) Take my lunch every day and eat before I leave the premises.
3) Make a point to get exercise every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment