Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Job

I recently switched jobs.

I went from being a super fantastic substitute teacher, to being a super fantastic librarian.  (I know you didn't ask, but my degree is in Library Science.  I've been trying for years to get a job in a school library, but that was not meant to be.)

I love my new job.

I drop daughter off at school in the morning and drive to work.  I finish at noon, come home, and pretend like I have a lot of time to do things.  I don't have as much time as I'd like to think I do!

Meanwhile, I adore the library where I work.  It's a highly specialized library.  I don't know much about it, but I constantly feel like a kid in a candy store.  I just love being surrounded by books, and I am enjoying finding out more about the subject. 

What makes this job even more amazing is that I am actually able to meet some of the people who write the books on the shelves.  People who are considered to be the leaders in their fields.

I miss the kids.  I am planning on going in Monday afternoon to volunteer for a few hours with some of my favorite kids.  I'm really looking forward to it!

I am fortunate beyond words to have found a job that is equal mix challenge and fascination.

No comments:

Post a Comment