Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pinterest Recipe

I love the recipes on Pinterest!  When I'm waiting for someone, I'll scroll through Pinterest on my phone, and pin things that I intend to get back to at another time.  Especially recipes.  Good heavens, have I pinned the recipes!  Vegan, Vegetarian, Meatatarian, and Gluten Free, I've pinned them all.  I'm always on the look out for a new recipe.

On Sunday, I finally tried one of those recipes that has been on one of the boards for a while now.

Slow Cooker Quinoa Tex-Mex
image: http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/slow-cooker-tex-mex-qunioa-casserole/#_a5y_p=2118221


The link to the recipe:
http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/slow-cooker-tex-mex-qunioa-casserole/#_a5y_p=2118221

My Notes:

The recipe says to spray the crock pot well with non-stick spray.  MAKE SURE YOU DO.  I did not spray well enough, and the quinoa became one with the walls of the slow cooker. 

This really is a fast cooking recipe.  I know that the author of the recipe calls for 4 hours at high.  I cooked it for 3 hours at high, and it was DONE.  Check this every hour.  Seriously.  Open the crock pot lid and give it a stir every hour to check on it.  If you cook it too long, or on low, the consistency of the quinoa is going to be compromised.

We made this vegan- no cheese for the lactose intolerant one.  I added cheese to my dish alone before I ate it.

Let me tell you, this was amazing!!!  Pop this in the slow cooker on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon,  and you have a no fuss dinner waiting for you!

Hey, what do you know?  It's an epic Pinterest Success Story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment