Monday, June 15, 2015

Blogscaping....

In addition to this blog, I also keep another active blog: http://librarynut-booksforteens.blogspot.com/.  I began that blog 6 - really?? Six?? - years ago as part of a class I was taking on young adult literature.

I received notice over the weekend from Amazon and Blogger that some of my older scripts aren't working, and many of my links on that blog are broken.

I've been slowly working my way from the oldest posts to the most recent posts, fixing the scripts and links as I go, and a couple of things have hit me along the way.

1) 6 years ago, I was really struggling to find my voice as a writer.  Some of those reviews are HORRIBLE.  I could re-write them, but honestly, I like to see the reminder of how far (I think) I've come as a writer.  I was especially struggling with the book reviews.  Our professor had some very strict guidelines on HOW she wanted those reviews written.  Once the class was over, I really struggled to find a happy medium - something I enjoyed writing, and that I felt others would enjoy reading.  It took a long time, but I did finally find it.

2) I am tickled pink, because the professor of that class still has my book blog listed on her syllabus, and a link on her course website as an example.  Even better, she doesn't have it listed as "What not to do"!  (HAH!!)  There are more than a few reviews that I wrote that are cringe worthy.  God knows, I cringed as I was re-reading them this morning.

3) I found some old (book) friends that I haven't seen in a while.  I might have to re-read them before the summer is over, but I thought I'd share them with you here and now.  They were awesome books that I really, really enjoyed reading at the time!  





If you're looking for some well written young adult literature, these are some great titles.  As I've said before, I think that some of the best, and most imaginative work being done in literature right now is in the YA field.  All of these books were published at least 6 years ago, so you should be able to find them in your local library!

 This post (the pictures) contains links to my Amazon Affiliates Account.  
Your purchase through this link helps to support this blog.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment