Friday, June 19, 2015

Five Fandom Friday


So, you know that when a librarian and avowed book nut makes a list like this, you're going to have an interesting combination of characters

1) Gilda Joyce - Fabulous heroine of a series of books about a young girl who is developing her psychic powers in order to solve mysteries.  I love the wild, wanton character of Gilda, who always tries to dress the part in wild vintage clothing and weird glasses that tie the entire ensemble together. 

2) Mrs. Frizzle - Heroine of the Magic School Bus series of books.


When I say Magic School Bus, I don't mean the animated series, or the red books that came later.  I mean the original, printed by Scholastic Books.  The visual puns and jokes are fantastic.  And the outfits Mrs. Frizzle wears!  I love them all!  I want clothes like these!  Who wouldn't?


3) Miranda Priestly
The main character from the Devil Wears Prada.  Personally, I' d never wear Prada, or dress like this.  BUT, I love the way she dresses, and I like to think that I look just as good in the same clothes!









4) Sheldon Cooper 
http://bigbangtheory.wikia.com/wiki/File:Dr_sheldon_cooper.jpg
Putting the fact that Jim Parsons is a totally kick-ass actor aside, I love the look of Sheldon.  The very carefully crafted outfits that he wears, many with vintage comic book logos are just so geeky cool.... I love them all. I wish I worked in the costume department for Big Bang Theory.  I am certain that they haunt thrift stores, looking for the unique comic book clothes which are his trademark.


 

5) The entire cast of Game of Thrones

Who doesn't look good in beautiful gowns that are custom made just for you?  No matter which character you look at, the costuming is extensive, and beyond beautiful.  I love it all.  I think I could rock one of those gowns while working in the library, don't you?  Maybe a leather fighting outfit for when finals come around?  I swear, sometimes, working in a University Library isn't all that far removed from the world of Game of Thrones.  Which department will get the big grants?  The fighting for resources as papers come due...  Who will sit on the Iron Throne?  (the librarians, obviously....)

image: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150131/entertainment-tvmusic/article/game-thrones-season-5-releases-official-trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment