Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday Musings

Monday Musings or Manic Monday?  Which one seems to fit better?  I might have to change this to musings.... that is what I tend to do on Monday mornings.  I get into a thoughtful fit after the weekend is over!

I got my hair cut last week.  On the big mirror across the back wall, one of the shampoo techs had written across the top "You are beautiful.  You are fierce.  You are kind.  You are a warrior.  You are wonderful.  You are amazing.  You are gorgeous".  Wonderful, life affirming messages that I think we all need to see and be reminded of.  All of us tend to be too hard on ourselves.

During the children's sermon on Sunday morning, the children's minister was talking to the children about relay races.  She asked the children who had run relay races before?  One of the little boys answered "I've run them!"  What happens when you run them?  "I always lose!"

We had a very impressive windstorm Saturday night into Sunday morning.  Wow - that wind was phenomenal.  Wind gusts up to 60 mph.  We had a lot of trees come down in the neighborhood - and a house in town that burned to the ground before the fire department could get there.  The wind whipped the fire up and engulfed the house within minutes.  The family was lucky to escape unharmed.

We had one of my favorite meals this week - vegetables that were cut into spaghetti strips, and fish.  I sauteed the vegetables in a little olive oil with a lot of pepper.  I fried the fish in the cast iron skillet with a lot of Old Bay.  It was a quick meal - ready in less than 30 minutes, and it was so healthy!  Spring green season is coming up fast - I'm looking forward to fresh kale and spinach! 

If you can spare some energy to toss my way, I'd appreciate it.  I've been searching for jobs, putting out resumes, and trying to find the best way to write a good cover letter, and I'm not hearing anything back from anyone.  I'm more than a little discouraged.  I'd appreciate your thoughts.  I desperately need a change of pace.


Sunset on Friday night!


Go out and conquer the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment