Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday Musings

It's been a quiet few days in my little corner of the world.  The weather has been cold, wet, and miserable.  We had snow over the weekend. Lots and lots of snow squalls.  The house got so cold we had to fire up to wood stove to get warm.

This weekend was also the final Smith College Alumni Association Used Book Sale.  Daughter and I went and bought a few books.  She bought a handful of paper backs.  I bought the three books you see on the right - the top one is the more modern book of my all time favorite Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book from 1982.  This one was published in the late 90's.  I've already found 5 recipes that we are trying out of this book this week!

The middle (blue) book is a Spanish Grammar Reader.  I got this as a present for a friend of mine.

The bottom one is fascinating!  Recipes from 10 Ancient Cultures that no longer exist!  Wow, I can't wait to try these!  I'm thinking I might put together a dinner party and ask everyone who comes to bring one of the dishes from a specific culture.  Educational, and (hopefully) tasty!

I spent a long time in a planning meeting on Sunday afternoon.  Anita Gutschick will be performing at our church on Sunday, and we are planning out the decorations - and food.  Biblical food.  This should be a hoot!  I'm really looking forward to the event.  On Friday, I'm helping to mix up some of what we'll be serving.  Who knows?  I might find something new and tasty to eat!

Skyping with the boys last night was fun.  Oldest child could get audio to work, but not video.  Middle child could see us and hear us, but had to type back his replies on the side bar.  Once again, another fun and raucous conversation with the kids!  I really enjoy these calls, and I am eternally grateful for the technology that allows us to talk with all of our kids at once.

I attended an online webinar on copyright last week.  It was free, I found out more about copyright law, and I got a chance to hear the thoughts of my peers from around the country on Fair Use.  Of all the webinars I've taken on copyright this week, this was my favorite!

Today is another cold and rainy day.  Thank goodness there's no snow!

I'm ready for spring.  How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment