Saturday, April 16, 2016

National Library Week

I like to celebrate libraries, and books all year long.  I believe that the free and open exchange of ideas is crucial to our democracy.  The critical thinking involved in this exchange of ideas helps us all grow, learn, and make wise decisions for ourselves, our families, and our nation.

I do visit a lot of libraries.  Not because I have to, but because I enjoy them. 

I have a tab on the side of this page that will take you to the very loosely organized collection of images that I've posted on here.  You can also access it here. 

If you have any pictures of your own home library that you'd like to share, I invite you to submit them to me, and I'll share them.  (I won't post pictures of clearly identifiable faces.)  Please include the name of your library, the county and state system, and a link to their web page.  If there's anything that makes your library special or unique, please let me know so that I can share that, too.

The last image I want to share with you is from the Reading Room at the Library of Congress.  I've been here a few times, and it is always full of people.  None of my images come even close to capturing the beauty and majesty of this place, so I'm sharing an image from the Library of Congress.  If you are ever in Washington, DC, you really should make a point of visiting the LOC.  It's not that far off of the National Mall.

source: https://www.loc.gov/visit/wireless/

No comments:

Post a Comment