Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Musings

It's been a day of reflection!

I was in church yesterday when the woman next to me had a heart attack. I'm glad she has a defibrillator installed in her chest. If she didn't, she wouldn't still be here. She's a very lucky woman!  Glad there were first responders in church to help her out!

One of our boys was home for 10 minutes on Saturday. It was nice to see him, no matter how brief the time!

Have you seen the videos on Facebook that show you how to cook an ear of corn painlessly?  You take the ear of corn, still in the husk and microwave it for 3 minutes, 30 seconds. Using a pot holder, remove the corn to a cutting board. Chop off the end of the cob, just above where the corn cob itself starts. You might end up chopping off a row of corn, too. Using the pot holder, squeeze the corn cob out of the husk. No husks, no tassels, and you don't heat up the house cooking up corn on the cob!  If you haven't seen the video, I found one from Simply Recipes that I was able to link to below. Best corn I've ever had!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment