Monday, August 29, 2016

Monday Musings

Today I get to move middle child into his dorm. He's beginning his last year of college. How is this possible?  It seems like only last week that he graduated from high school!   This morning promises to be a fun one!  This is the day everyone who is not a freshman gets to move in. It's going to be hectic, crowded, and frustrating. I'm going to need a lot of patience as the day goes on.

One of my least favorite memories from college was standing in the bookstore lines to get my textbooks. Thanks to the Internet, we ordered textbooks online last week, and they have been delivered to the house. What a difference!  No long lines! 

One of the perks of my new job is the required reading!  I've got a list of 50 books I need to work my way through in the next few months. I'm looking to reading outside of my comfort zone!  I've already got the first round of books on my dining room table, waiting to be read.  I'll be sharing some of the titles with you as I finish them.


Luna has spotted a Praying Mantis on the window screen!  It was really big, too!  Do you see it in the corner of the window?  

Today is the first day of school for many school districts.  Please keep an eye out for kids running for the bus, and for red lights on the school buses! 




No comments:

Post a Comment