Wednesday, August 31, 2016

One Month Cash Only Challenge

I found this intriguing thought on Dave Ramsey's web page.  A one month cash only challenge. 

I've done a noSpenduary Challenge, where I didn't buy anything we didn't need to survive for a month.  It is an interesting and effective challenge, but once the month is over, you are back to spending money again.  Sometimes the bad spending habits creep back in, and sometimes you find that most everything you own has broken in a 6 week period and needs to be replaced.

This is an interesting challenge in that it forces you to be more mindful of the money you are spending.  Because you are paying with cash, it forces you to stop and consider whether or not you have the money on hand to pay for what you are buying. 

The even bigger bonus?  Because you are paying with cash, you don't have to worry about your credit information being stolen.

I think I'm going to give this a try for the month of September.  I'm always up for fun and unique ways to save some money, as well as to be more mindful of the money I do spend. 

Dave Ramsey is not suggesting forgoing credit/debit cards completely.  He is suggesting that you use cash wherever you can in your budget for a month.

Simple but devious thought, isn't it?

I'm really curious to give this a go!  September starts tomorrow, and so does this challenge!  I'm looking forward to seeing how much I can save!

How about you?  Are you willing to give it a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment