Saturday, August 27, 2016

Niagara Falls

We spent two separate days at the falls. We drove down to the Canadian side one day. We explored the town, the falls,the river, and took the inclined railway back up to the town level. On our way home, we stopped on the U.S. side of the falls and explored Niagara State Park. What a gorgeous little islan!  If you ever get a chance to go, take the opportunity to walk all the way around the island. It's not a long distance, and it's flat. You get some amazing views of the river, too!  But for some sad reason, most people only visit the falls and miss out on the rest of the "island experience".  It's well worth your time!


The falls themselves defy description. I can't even begin to capture the wonder, might and majesty in words, so I'll just share a few of my favorite pictures. 

From the Canadian side of the river:







* take note of this shot here. Do you see the person next to the walkway by the falls?


Heading over to the U.S. side:


*Remember the earlier shot of the person standing by the edge of the falls?  That's where I'm standing as I took this picture, and I was a few steps down from that spot for the one below:


A couple of shots of the river upstream from the falls 






Like I said, this doesn't even begin to do the area justice. 

#bucketlist, #alliexpectedandsomuchmore




No comments:

Post a Comment