Sunday, March 22, 2015

A Week in the Life of...

In the past week, we've had a major snowstorm that threw the East Coast for a loop - again.  We had beautiful warm weather, and we have had some pretty awesome windstorms!  Weather wise, the week has been great!

Our boys were home for the week.  It was great to have them home and spend some time with them!

Oldest child went and looked at graduate schools last week.  I believe we now have an answer as to "Where are you going?"  He has one more visiting day to go tomorrow, and then he will sign the commitment paperwork before the month is out.  Big changes coming for him!  His graduation is just a little over 2 months away!

Daughter received word from the last of the colleges she applied to this week.  She was rejected from her reach school, and turned down for the art program at another school.  Thankfully, she was accepted into her first choice school.  We have now paid the tuition deposit, and we're beginning to fret about tuition payments this fall.  We're not paying for Graduate School for the oldest, but we will have two separate tuition payments to cover for the youngest two children.

I really didn't post much last week. WHY didn't I you ask?  (Go ahead, ask)  Stomach virus.  It swept through the family - not once, but twice.  Yeah, I thought we were past those days.  It turns out that we're not actually past them.  Lots of laundry and lots of bleach water made the appearance through the house.

Meanwhile... daughter got stopped by a police officer because a brake light was out on the back of the Civic.  He asked her for her license and registration.  She handed over the license, but was unsure of what the registration looked like.  While she dug around for it, he went back to his car and cited her for not producing the registration upon demand.  She was so very rattled that I drove her up and back to the Community College for a few days.  Nothing like going to work, getting out at 11:30, and then racing the 30 miles home to pick her up and then drive her an additional 30 miles to class.  I made her drive up and back by herself on Thursday, and she was fine.

We did replace the brake light on the car before we made her drive up and back, though.

The van had to go in for maintenance.  A $50 investment that should keep that car in top running form for quite some time.

Speaking of maintenance - I went in to visit my doctor for my "little more than annual" exam.  I had the blood work run, and got the results back.  Last year, my doctor put me on notice that my numbers were running too high.  I was put on the watch list.

This year, everything was FINE.  My glucose had been cut in half.  Cholesterol was out of the watch range. EVERYTHING was so much improved.  The nurse I spoke with on the phone told me "I don't know what you've been doing, but keep doing it.  It's working!" (Losing 20 pounds and getting more exercise probably had something to do with that!)

I even managed to get the emissions on the van checked.  One more thing off of the to do list!

How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment