Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Resolutions

Every year, we all make resolutions that we vow we are going to keep.  6 weeks later, we don't even remember what our resolutions were!  Last year, I decided to go public and put my resolutions on my blog so that I can hold myself accountable.  Nothing like looking back once a month to see if you've kept your promises to yourself!

Since it's the first of the month, it's time to take a look at the 2015 resolutions:


1) Exercise More.   My goal was to get out to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week. With the cold and snow we've had I've done nothing.  Epic fail.  I can't wait for spring!!!

2) Lose 10 pounds.
2 pounds lost last month.  Nothing this month.  I suspect this has something to do with #1. 

3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom.
This is a repeat from last year.

4) Finish oldest child's quilt.
The quilt is pinned!  It's 1/3 finished.  I'm hand quilting this, and it's slow going, but...It's looking as if it might be finished before graduation!

5) Clean and organize the Family Room in the basement.
 I'm working on organizing the bookshelves.  It's the librarian in me.  I really like to have those shelves organized by subject.  I'm also weeding some of the titles out.  The 50 year old science books really don't have any value.

6) Cut back on the time I spend on Social Media.
I'm only looking at social media now first thing in the morning, when I'm waiting for my husband to get through the bathroom, and at lunch time.  As a result, I'm finding I have more time in my day!

7) Read 75 books this year.
 I'm making some serious progress on this.  I've been blogging about each of the books I've read in this challenge as I go.  I have a page dedicated to the books I'm reading this year.  You can find it on the right hand side of this page, listed as "2015 Book Challenge".  I didn't read as much this month- but I have the new Rick Riordan Heroes of Olympus Book sitting on the table, next to the computer!

8) Get out of debt.
Working on it. I believe this should also say "don't add extra debt while sending kids through college."  4 years down with no debt - 4 more to go. 

9) Spend more time with my family
Always a priority, and it gets harder and harder as the kids go off to college and get lives of their own.  We've had some snow days this month, and I've enjoyed spending extra time with my daughter!

10)  365 Grateful
I will continue to find a way to be thankful for the things I have.  There are a lot of awful things that happen, but I will focus on the positive.  You can lose yourself in negativity.  I've been posting pictures on Flickr, and some on here.  Any way I can find to keep myself positive! 

You can find me on Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/librarynut/

 11) Replace the car that was totaled.
It needs to be done, even in the midst of paying off loans, a bathroom that needs to be remodeled, and college expenses.  Our Civic has 225,000 miles on it.  It's a great car, and we keep up to date on the maintenance, but by God, do we need to make certain we have a back up plan!  The van doesn't have nearly as many miles on it, but putting gas in that behemoth is expensive. 

12) I will maintain my friendships.
 It's an ongoing project, and I am enjoying it immensely!  I caught up with a friend that I haven't seen in 15 years this month!  It was an awesome lunch!

13) Have a few more adventures this year.
 I took a day trip over to the beach yesterday with a friend.  We had lunch, went shopping, and stopped at the most amazing fish store ever and picked up some seafood that was fresh off the boat!  Fresh fish for dinner tonight!
 

14) Craft More
 Still working on the quilt.  I took a break to knit up a hat and scarf as a birthday present and sent that off.  I also made glitter mugs.  I'll be posting pictures of that amazing beauty later in the week!  They are so sparkly!  Love them!!


So, how are you doing on your New Year's Resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment