Monday, March 30, 2015

Random Pictures

It's been an interesting week.  I went to a training at the National Library of Medicine, and I learned how to use their free online database.  I've been trying to write a post about my experiences there, but what I wrote just seems hollow.  I will say this, PubMed, the online database is way cool.  If you are looking for information on anything related to medicine, PubMed is the place to go.  Millions of articles have been indexed.  Some of the articles are free for viewing online.  Others, you might have to check with your local public library to find.  The long and short of my training: if you want to stay on top of your own health, and want to make the best decisions about YOUR HEALTH, this is an awesome place to research.  Many public libraries have consumer health librarians, and they can help you wade through the plethora of information on the web.  There's a lot out there.  I think it's fantastic that everyone can see this research and understand what doctors are talking about with this resource!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/.

Enough of that.  I have posts and more posts that I need to work my way through. I've got books to review.  I have things that need to be said - and not enough time to say them all!  So, while I'm collecting my thoughts, and making notes about what I'm going to write about this week, I thought I'd share a few random pictures from last week with you!

I want to note with the first picture- we had SNOW again on Saturday, and SNOW overnight.  We have more snow in the forecast for this week.  This is very unusual weather for the Mid-Atlantic. Weird spring!

The crocuses are finally up!
The librarians are getting a little bit sassy with their cookbook marketing!


Who separates their cereal into colors before eating it?

The geese are back!  It's a sure sign that spring is coming!

Our church sanctuary, bedecked for Palm Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment