Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Luna, Luna, Luna

Luna in her cat cave.  "Don't stick another thermometer up there, or else..."
It has been a wild and woolly couple of weeks.  I haven't had the time to update anything on here, as I've been dealing with some very real life issues at home.

Did you know that there are kitty neurologists?

I know this now!

So, a couple of weeks ago, I was getting ready for work when I heard a sound from Luna that I have never heard before.  I searched her out, and found her.  She couldn't walk.  She would try to stand, flop over on her side, and make that noise again.

I immediately picked her up and took her to the vet.  We were waiting outside of the office when the staff showed up for the day.  The vet took her inside, and took a good look at her and then kept her for the day for observation.  We thought we were at the end.  I was afraid we were going to have to put the cat down.

Fortunately, Luna is still alive and kicking.

She had a seizure.  Our vet ended up keeping Luna for the day, and then we took her to the neurologist the next day.

We don't know what caused the seizure.  We think she may have hurt herself during the initial seizure when she fell.  We have a fluorescent light at the bottom of the stairs that is flashing on and off like a strobe light.  We've been speculating that the light triggered the seizure and she fell down the stairs and hurt herself.  For now, we're keeping the basement door closed.  Husband is out of town on business, and he will replace that light when he gets home.

Luna is slowly getting better.  She is walking better now.  She's still not hopping down from things, but she has started hopping UP on things.  We still can't get her interested in playing with her toys, but she is looking at them again.

Our sweet little kitty.  We love her so much, and she did just lose her companion, Tiger. I wish we could make her understand everything is going to be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment