Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Princeton Public Library


Husband had been away in New Jersey on business the past couple of weeks.  I went up a couple of days early, before he was officially finished with the trip, so that I could spend some time with him and see the lovely city of Princeton while he was at work.  Like any good librarian, I spent some time in the Princeton Public Library.  The library is a gorgeous building, filling most of a city block.  This modern three story building has floor to ceiling windows on three sides, making the space light and bright, and adding to the overall character of the building, as the surrounding buildings outside of the library become a part of the interior of the building.  Come and join me!  I want to share some pictures of the experience I had while I was there!

The farmer's market was next door the the library!


So this big beautiful mural was in the front hallway.  Residents of the Princeton Community all contributed something to the wall.

Detail on the wall.  It's phenomenal, isn't it?


The first floor reading room.


View from the back of the first floor room to the front.

The view from the landing on the second floor down to the first.

Non-Fiction on the Second Floor.

For some reason, when I was walking back here, I felt like I was in the engine room of the Star Ship Enterprise!


It's hard to tell what these are at first glance.  They are the little meeting/study rooms.

 
Second Floor.  I am envious of all the seating!
More second floor.  Look at all that study/work space!

The view off of the third landing.  Looks like a nice space, doesn't it?
  You can access the balcony through the children's space on the third floor.


Children's area on the 3rd floor.

More children's area.



Children's.  Do you see the giant swan hanging from the ceiling?



Underneath was a trumpet and a copy of E.B. White's book Trumpet of the Swan. 
I couldn't find any information about why there was a trumpet and a copy of the book in glass under the swan.  I imagine there's a really good story about that!


Third floor, looking over to the teen section.

Looking from the back corner of the teen section.

I really love the beauty of these angles!  Taken from the landing in between the second and third floor!


Princeton Public Library website: https://www.princetonlibrary.org/








No comments:

Post a Comment