Friday, July 28, 2017

New Beginnings

This time last year, I left my old job.  I enjoyed the place where I worked, but there was no potential for upward movement.  I was never going to be promoted, and my salary was never going to get any larger.  I was spending as much commuting back and forth to work as I was earning.  I was breaking even, and that was all.

I stayed there as long as I did because I truly enjoyed parts of my job.  However, after much contemplation, I decided to take a leap of faith and submit my resignation - without a solid job offer in hand.  (Never a good idea to do that, but I did have a back up plan if I couldn't find something in my field in a timely manner.)

Five days after I left that job, I had a solid offer in my hand!  I've been working at this library for a year now, and I am constantly challenged and greatly enjoy the community where I work and the people I work with.  I am fortunate beyond words that things have worked out as well as they have!

Sometimes, you need to stop and thank the universe for the great opportunities that you've been given.

Do you have any big opportunities out there, just waiting for you to pounce? 

No comments:

Post a Comment