Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday Musings

Don't you love the smell of clothes dried outside on the line?  I've been drying our clothes outside for the past month.  It's a great way of keeping electricity costs down, too.  It's been warm enough outside lately that the clothes are drying long before I get the second load out onto the line.  I've been able to get 4 loads of laundry washed, dried, and put away well before noon if I start early enough in the day!

I spent the last two days of husbands trip to New Jersey with him.  I got some time to explore.  Wouldn't you know, it rained the entire time I was there!  Did you know New Jersey only has full service gas stations?  Considering the rain, I really enjoyed the full service!  I could get used to something like that!

I love this building!  #Princeton.
I noticed something a little odd.  The last time I was roaming around Princeton, my kids were little.  Very little.  I had a Graco stroller.  I would lay down the back of the stroller and lay my youngest who was six months old - down in the back part.  (He's now my middle child.)  Oldest child was 2-1/2 years old.   I'd put him in the front of the stroller, where he could look out.  We'd go roam around town, the campus, just about every where.  Husband and I roamed around campus one morning, and I couldn't get over how much easier it was to roam around the campus, and how much smaller the campus seemed.  I couldn't understand why.  After all, I'm 20 years older, and not nearly in the shape I was then.  It finally hit me!  I was walking around campus.  WITHOUT a stroller built for one but containing 2 kids!  Overall, it was a much more enjoyable experience when I could walk up and down stairs and not have to go out of my way to avoid them so I could get the stroller up!

Farmer's Market season is in full swing.  Have you stopped by one yet?  What have you found?  I got a small basket of peaches and made a little peach cobbler just for me.  *yum*  I also found corn on the cob that had been picked an hour before I bought it.  I cooked it an hour later, and in my mind, it still tasted like sunshine.  I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment