Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Top 37 Things You Will Regret

I was scrolling through my Facebook memories this morning, and I came across this article about things you will most regret NOT doing when you are older.

http://www.social-consciousness.com/2016/06/the-top-37-things-you-will-regret-when-you-are-old.html?m=1

I have to say, I've been very mindful of most of these over the years.  In the book Anne of the Island, written by L.M. Montgomery, Anne and her friend Philippa are discussing their lives and their future.  Philippa tells Anne that whenever she's unsure of what to do, that she should question what she would not regret when she was 80 years old and looking back on her life.

I decided to take that on as my own mantra at a fairly young age, and it has helped me make up my mind on some of the most complicated decisions I've faced over the years.  I remember a DJ on the radio about 20 years ago saying "You never hear of an 80 year old saying they wish they'd spent less time with their families over the years." 

There's truth in that statement.

Anyway, if you've got the time, take a look through this list.  There's a lot to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment