Thursday, January 30, 2014

365 Grateful

One of my resolutions for this year was to concentrate on being more grateful for the gifts that I have.  Not for what I want, but for what I have.  I've been doing my best to document the things that I am grateful for via pictures.  I wanted to share some of the pictures from this past month, and why I'm thankful for these things...
 
 
 
Food.  Leftovers.  Canning.
I am  fortunate enough to know how to cook from scratch.
I can save money by cooking from scratch, and the food is better for us.
I learned how to can when I was very young.  Whether I grow the food in my own
garden, pick it at a pick  your own farm, or get it at a farmer's market,
I am preserving it at the height of flavor and nutrition for us to eat later.
Leftovers provide our lunches many days, and sometimes, the boys will come home
and fill up shopping bags full of "good food" to take back to school with them.



This picture was taken at a Girl Scout Gold Award Workshop.
The Gold Award is the Girl Scout equivalent to the Eagle Scout.
I was the advisor to a young lady who ran a workshop entitled "Girls in Engineering".
This is from the egg drop.  The young girls in her workshop created
containers to drop the eggs from a second floor balcony
down to the first floor.  Sadly, the egg in this container did not survive.

The young lady who ran this workshop faced some significant personal challenges this year.
In the midst of all of it, she managed to pull together an amazing workshop.
She is an amazing, wonderful young woman.
I am so very proud of her and all that she managed to accomplish!



My mother-in-laws angel food cake.
Even though she is beginning to show signs of dementia,
the woman can still cook a really good cake.


The beauty of the world around me.
Full Moon rising over the Burg where I live.

Luna.
My daughter's cat.
Just look at those adorable kitty eyes, and that playful attitude.
I love this kitty!


The cousins.
Dr. Who Monopoly.
My sister's kids and my kids gathered together over break
and played a 5 hour game of Monopoly.
Unfortunately for middle child, the other 5 kids ganged up on him and ended up
defeating him.
He is demanding a rematch over spring break.
Family is a wonderful thing.
Cherish them while you have them!





And lastly, snow and snow days.  Every day we have a day off of school, or school is delayed, I am given more time to spend at home with my kids.  More time to play, more time to talk, and more time to savor being together with them.  Treasured time and treasured memories.  I am thankful for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment