Monday, January 20, 2014

My Accomplishments This Week

With three birthdays this past week, I can't say that I saved a lot of money!

I made three cakes from scratch.

For their birthday dinners, I made their favorite meals from scratch.  For daughter, we made Pad Thai.  For middle child, we made pizza, and for oldest child, we made meatloaf.

I bought the textbooks for middle child this week.  Ugh.  Even though we rented one textbook, and bought several used, the bill still came up to $410.  The accounting textbook was the killer.  It's about a ream of paper, 3 hole punched, and wrapped in shrink wrap.  No used or rental copies of this "book" was available.  It cost us $200. 

I traded in an old, used 3 ring binder at Staples for recycling credit and bought a new 3 ring binder to hold the "book".

Even though he still has a week before school begins, he has already begun studying.  He has decided that the Differential Equations textbook looks next to impossible.

For their presents, I am still working on a special surprise for daughter that I will post later.

For the boys, I bought them gift cards to their favorite restaurants near campus. 

The most impressive thing I did this week?

I went to the doctor for a check up.  I'm now up to date on all of my shots.  My blood work has been run, and I am waiting for the phone call to let me know the results.  My blood pressure, heart rate, etc. are all fine.  For me, this was all about baseline data.  My doctors now have the baseline data and know what my numbers should be.  In the future, if anything changes, we will be able to catch it early.  If the doctor doesn't have a baseline number to compare anything with, a diagnosis can take longer.  It's an investment in my future health.  (Just like exercise.)

What did you do this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment