Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dinner Tonight

 
Actually, this was dinner Monday night.  Pasta Fagioli. 
 
I found the recipe here: http://theprudenthomemaker.com/index.php/pasta-e-fagioli.   The Prudent Homemaker is written by Brandy, who develops all of her own recipes.  This one looked different than any I had tried before.  At the very end of the recipe, you cook the pasta separately from the soup, and then add the pasta to the soup just before serving.  The combination of spices, and the processing that she used in this soup raised this from "just another bean soup" to "totally amazing". 
Since daughter is a vegetarian, I replaced the chicken bullion with vegetable stock.  (Remember my broth cubes I made from turkey?  I also made broth cubes from vegetable stock a few weeks back.)
 
 
Pasta Fagioli- ready for the fridge!
 
 
The recipe on the website gave me more than enough soup to feed the three of us for dinner!  (Now that the boys are back at college, I have leftovers again!)
 
So now, we have awesome leftovers!  I didn't actually process the soup.  This is going in the fridge.  I don't like to store things in plastic because I'm never certain what chemicals will leach into my food.  Instead, I store leftovers in small canning jars in the refrigerator.  I always have a few empty jars sitting around at any given time during the year.  When I can something up, I write the contents and the date on the lid in sharpie.  After we use up whatever is inside, I clean the lids and save them.  The writing on the lid of the jar lets me know that they are used, and I can reuse them to store things in the fridge.  The lid to this jar says "Grape Jelly, 2010". 
 
If you are looking for a warm, filling, over the top, simply sublime recipe for Pasta Fagioli, I recommend that you head over to the Prudent Homemaker's website and try this out!  http://theprudenthomemaker.com/index.php/pasta-e-fagioli
 
Once you journey over to Brandy's website, take the time to browse through her website and blog (http://theprudenthomemakerblog.blogspot.com/).  Brandy's husband had no source of income for almost a year, and she manages to feed a growing family on 33 cents a day.  33 CENTS!!!  And I thought I could pinch a penny! 
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment