Friday, January 31, 2014

Resolutions

Since it's the end of January, I'm checking in on my resolutions:

1) 365 Grateful.

Yesterday, I posted some pictures from the challenge.  The more I look for things I am grateful for, the more I find them.

2) Lose 10 pounds.
I've lost one pound.  Progress.... slowly but surely, it's progress.

3) Run.
It's been too cold, snowy, and dangerous to run outdoors.  I have been going to the gym a lot, where I have been attempting to build up my cardio prowess. I'm assuming that if I build it up now, when the roads clear enough for me to actually get out and attempt to run, it might be easier.  Meantime, I am the one in the gym, grunting my way through the elliptical machines, trying to build myself up to an hour.  As of today, I can do 30 fairly painless minutes.

With the goal of running/walking the Marine Corps Marathon 10K in October, I signed us up for the Color Run in May.  It's a 5K.  Hopefully, I'll be able to finish that in a time that is well under an hour!

4) Get out of Debt.
As of today, we've paid off a credit card.  Completely.  We are having the card cutting ceremony tonight.

To be honest, this card was compromised in the Target data breach.  We've been monitoring the account closely, but we decided to go ahead and pay everything off, transfer automatic payments off of this card, and close it out completely.

This afternoon, I'm going to buy oldest child's textbooks.  I'll be paying cash.  Don't want to add this to a credit card.  It's going to have to be paid one way or another.

5) Finish Cleaning out the Basement.
This keeps coming back up, doesn't it?  Husband and I have a date at the dump scheduled for tomorrow.  We've got a van load of stuff to get rid of. 

Sadly, there's still more - so much more - to go.

6) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt.
I have all of the pieces upstairs.  I have my sewing machine pulled out.  It's progress!

7) Spend more time with my family.
All of the snow days last week helped a lot!  The boys were both still home from college, so we had a raucous time, playing games, baking, and laughing a lot while they were home!

8) Finish writing the book I keep saying I'm going to write.
One of the chapters is now edited, with illustrations.   I'll be working on pictures for the second chapter tomorrow.

9) Finish the hallway bathroom.
Saving money for this now. 

10) Get back into my music.
I've been singing with the church choir since the beginning of January.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed it!  We have a new director, and we've been singing gospels.  *smile* 

Even better, he's been pulling challenging pieces.  I'm an alto, and I love the bottom end of our range.  Not every director pulls music that challenges the altos on the low end - we usually get challenged on the high end - so most of us end up dropping out because we just can't sing that high.   I'm SO HAPPY that we're using our full range!


It's been a productive month!  I'm chugging along on a shawl that someone custom ordered from my Etsy store.  It's a beautiful pattern!  I'm about halfway finished with it now.  I hope to finish it within the next two weeks. 


How are you coming along on your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment