Friday, January 3, 2014

Trapped, by God! I was trapped!

I briefly mentioned our hall bathroom yesterday.

Last night, I used that bathroom.  As usual, I shut the door behind me.

When I attempted to leave the bathroom, the doorknob would not turn, and when it did turn, it didn't turn enough to clear the metal plate in the door jamb.

I banged on the door, and husband came running.  He attempted to push the door open.  He attempted to throw himself against the door, and it still wouldn't give.  I guess hollow core doors were made of higher quality stuff back in the seventies!!

Husband got his toolbox and began trying to remove the doorknob.

Meanwhile, I was in a toasty little room where I had access to water and (even more important) the toilet.  If push came to shove, I could curl up and sleep in the bathtub.

I was sitting there, listening to the sounds of tinkering when I heard a knock on the window behind me.  Oldest child had come around through the outside of the house and was going to help me.

Somehow, he managed to squeeze his six foot frame through the tiny window over the toilet.

As oldest child began working on the doorknob from the inside with a pair of scissors and a scout knife, there came a soft tap at the window, and middle child heaved himself into the bathroom, quickly followed by youngest child.

Picture if you will, a hall bathroom with four people squeezed inside.   My kids aren't young kids, either.  They're 16, 18, and 20!

It was awesome family togetherness time!

The boys finally got the door opened, and we all tumbled out of the bathroom into the hall.

Making memories together.  Yep, this one will go right up there at the top of the  list!






No comments:

Post a Comment