Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Rockville Memorial Library

AKA, Another Day, Another Library....

Recently, I have found myself near beautiful new library branches.  I can't help but go in and visit them after I finish whatever other business I might have near them.  This week's find was in the Montgomery County Public Library System.  The Rockville Memorial Library.  It's a beautiful, big, bright and airy library plopped down smack into the heart of an urban area.  Absolutely gorgeous architecture, this library serves the needs of a fantastically diverse community that is situated on the outskirts of Washington, DC.

Come take a tour through these gorgeous stacks with me.....


Rockville Memorial Library


The view as you enter through the front doors.


Downstairs, near the children's area.  I love the low shelves!



The study area upstairs.  In a lot of libraries, this is known as the Learning Commons.







Actual Reference books on the shelves - granted, these are all U.S. Government Books with U.S. Laws, but how cool is it that they go back 100 years?





Periodicals





Beautiful information desk!


I love public libraries... so much information, so many resources, and everything is FREE!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment