Sunday, August 9, 2015

Job Rejection

You know, many times after you interview for a job, they never again call you back and let you know whether or not you've gotten the job.  I've been on a few job interviews recently.  I do have to say that all of the potential employers I have interviewed with have been very good about letting me know the results of the interview.  They've addressed me by name, and the e-mails have been personal enough to make me happy.

My most recent rejection letter tickled me.  For the first time ever, I received an actual rejection letter from this particular employer.  It was addressed as "Dear Applicant" -

  This correspondence is meant to inform you that the position of        at    School   has been filled. 


Notice, they couldn't even be bothered to state which position, and at which school.  Classy move, HR, very classy.  (I purposefully cut out the name of the school system, not wanting to call them out on the internet.  That seems a little... rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment