Friday, August 7, 2015

Odds and Ends

When I got to work this morning, I found these guys waiting for me.  It's a little hard to see, but the geese are back.  We had 40 of them, stalking the parking lot.  There was also a heavy odor of skunk.  I don't know who ticked off who, but the skunk smell was strongest near the geese.  I'm suspecting someone got a little hasty and aggressive with a skunk, and ended up getting odorized.


We got the a/c in the van fixed yesterday.  I was expecting a $500 repair.  Thank the good Lord, it came out to $200.  Of course, after spending the last two months driving a car in the heat and humidity with the windows down, the first day the a/c is working, it's all of 60* outside when I leave the house.  I could have waited longer to have this fixed!

Instead of watching the debates last night, we went out to the airport, to our favorite spot where we used to watch the airplanes land when the kids were little.  We took dinner with us and watched the airplanes and watched the little kids running around and waving at the airplanes.

I had an interesting encounter with a student this week who told me she wasn't sure that the book I gave her was the one she was looking for because "the pictures don't match".  I asked her if it was the same author, and she looked at me and asked, in all seriousness "What's author?".  As Bill Engvall would say:  Here's your sign.

Maryland Tax Free begins on Sunday and runs through Saturday.  It is only good on clothing items - not school supplies, computers, or calculators.  Items only priced under $100.  For us, tax free week means a 6% break on taxes.  We're planning on picking up the clothing that the kids need - jeans, shirts, underwear, and shoes.  Do you have a tax free week where you live?  Are you planning on picking anything up for you or your kids?



Tiger, looking adorable.  His grey fur is starting to turn white now.  He's 12 years old, so I guess that is to be expected.  He's still a very active cat, but he has more grumpy moments than he used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment