Saturday, August 15, 2015

Odds and Ends

Oldest child's pile of stuff.

This has been a week of mixed emotions!  Oldest child has moved into his new home, and is getting ready for the next chapter in his life.  Middle child is packing up his belongings, getting ready to move out, and youngest child is getting nervous butterflies in her stomach over her upcoming move.

And me?  I'm not sure what to think about anything...  I'm trying to make certain everybody has everything that they need, and that everyone makes it to the dentist and the optometrist before they leave.  Once everything is settled, I think I'm going to sit down with a pitcher of margaritas and think about the implications of everything.

I'm working on bringing my Etsy shop back up and running again.  I shut it down when my Mom was so ill last fall.  My goal is to have this back up and running by the end of the month!


Good to know the Zombie Task Force is on the job....



Our washing machine is finally fixed.  Only 3 months, and 3 separate parts were needed before husband finally got it all working again.  All told, we spent $60 on laundry at the laundromat, and $40 on parts.  So, $100 to fix the washing machine.  We saved at least $300 on the cost of a new washing machine.  I love my old washing machine.  No computerized parts to fix - which is a blessing.  While finding the correct part might be a challenge, getting inside and fixing the machine is relatively easy. 

Last night, daughter and I headed out to buy a few things and take advantage of tax free week.  We got in line behind a woman who had five carts of clothing.  She had been at the check out for 2 hours by the time we got there, as the cashier very patiently rang her out.  I have no idea how long she was there - the store had back up cashiers behind her who took the overflow traffic from her line.  At the risk of sounding judgmental, I think that might have been a little bit excessive.

I hope that you are enjoying your weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment