Monday, August 17, 2015

Why You Should Put Things Away at the Store

So, I was at one of those big box retailers over this past week - I don't want to mention it by name, but they sell everything.  Clothes, food, etc.

You know how people roam around these stores, decide they don't want something, and then just leave it wherever they happen to be?  Their train of thought is along the lines of "They pay people to put that back.  Why should I inconvenience myself by putting this back where it belongs?  It's a long walk, and I am lazy." 

There was a family browsing through the clothing with their daughter and son.  The family was looking at clothes for the daughter, and the son had roamed out of sight. 

I heard the mother say "I feel bad.  It seems like we're always buying clothes for her, but never for him."

"I'll go with him and pick out a couple of shirts" the Dad said.  "Where did he go?"  I saw him roam around the display table and I heard him shout "What the h%ll are you doing?"

Everyone in the store came to a dead standstill and looked over...  the mother scurried over to her husband and started screaming "Oh my God, Oh my God". 

One of the sales associates ran over, and I hear the Dad yelling "Do I look happy?"

The kid had roamed over to the other side of the table, found a container of car wax, opened it, and proceeded to smear it all over himself.   No lie, the kid was blue.

Dad ran off to the bathroom with the son, while Mom tried to pull herself together.  The helpful sales associate helped the Mom, and radioed to a manager who went into the bathroom to help the Dad.

I've got to give a lot of credit to the retail store.  They rose to the occasion and helped that family.  They didn't charge the family for the car wax, and the managers pulled in paper towels and liquid dish soap to try and get the wax off of the kid.  Of course, if someone hadn't just left the damn wax wherever the heck they felt like...  (I'll stop.)

You know, there was a part of me that was thinking that the Dad should have taken the kid out to the car and just rubbed him all over the outside of the car....

No comments:

Post a Comment