Wednesday, July 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

There's nothing like public accountability to keep you honest about your resolutions.

Without any further ado, here are my 2015 resolutions:

1) Exercise More/Walk 500 miles
I began the month of June barely able to walk.  I could put pressure on my knee, but I was so out of shape, it's not even funny.  I've been slowly building my stamina back up, walking in the parking lot at work if I have extra time.  Those short little distances are the little hops.   They do add up, but I really need to pick up the pace this month!

Total walked in June: 13.7 miles.  Total walked in 2015: 32.73.

June totals walked: 13.7 miles
2) Lose 10 pounds
No weight loss this month, sad to say. Gotta pick up the pace on the walks.

3) Remodel the Hall Bathroom
The money in the savings account is getting closer to the target for this.

4) Finish Oldest Child's Quilt 
I have just 4 blocks left to quilt, the outer border to finish, and then bind it off.  The deadline for this is Aug. 12. I WILL have this finished on time!


5) Clean and Organize the Family Room in the Basement.
Done and done.  I'm working on the big messy room in the basement.  I'm trying to decide if some of this stuff is worth selling, or if I should just give it all to the White Elephant Sale at the church?  I'm also surprised at how much of this is just going straight into the trash.  OK, maybe not THAT surprised.  There is a lot of useless crap down there.


6) Cut Back on the Time I Spend on Social Media.
I took the apps off of my phone.  Without access on my phone, I access social media once a day, in the afternoon when I have my downtime.  (Some of us call it nap time, but hey, whatever floats your boat!)  You know, I spent the first 40 something years of my life without social media.  I really don't need to spend that much time on it now, either.  Most of what I'm getting in my feed is advertisements, and I really don't like the fact that Zuckerburg is mining my data for his own personal gain.  (targeted advertising)

7) Read 75 books this year.
I am making excellent progress towards this goal this year!  I'm already past the halfway point, and there are still 6 more months to go!  You can see the books I've read, and find links to the ones I've written reviews on here: 75 Book Challenge 

8) Get out of debt/Pay college tuitions without going deeper into debt
The kids have scholarships, but there's still a balance that has to be covered.  Oldest child is on his own for Graduate School, but the two youngest children still have tuition that needs to be paid. We refuse to allow our children to graduate from school with debt.  This month is a challenge.  There are 2 tuition payments that need to be made.  (I've written at length about this in the past, and will do so again next week.)

9) Spend More Time With My Family
This will most likely be the last summer all of my kids are home for the entire summer.  Believe me when I tell you I plan to enjoy every single moment of it. 


10) 365 Grateful
You can find me on Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/librarynut/
I've recently added a few more pictures.  I do keep the ones with my kids and their friends private, however, so I think there's probably a lot of pictures on Flickr that you are not able to see.

11) Replace the car that was totaled.
This ties in with #8... those tuition payments are looming..... I'm holding off on purchasing anything until we make the tuition payments.

12) I will maintain my friendships.
This one is a great joy!  I love connecting with my friends!
(I just wish I hadn't had to write it down in order to make it a priority.)

13) I will have more adventures.
I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow.  Does that count?  How about the mammogram I had 2 weeks ago?  Maybe you don't count them as adventures, but give me a break here.  I've got to find a fun way to think about this.

14) Craft More
All of my efforts this past month have gone into finishing oldest child's quilt.  No dilly dallying on other projects this month!

How are you doing on your resolutions for the year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment