Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Grocery Expenses, week of 7/21

This was a great week - lots of celebrations in our family!  We celebrated my birthday on Saturday while the kids were all home from work.  We had a crock pot of pulled pork BBQ, green beans, broccoli, and an ice cream cake that the kids pulled together in a cheesecake pan.  They made the crust with crushed up gluten free cookies.  Mmmm.... I'm going to have to share that recipe later this week.  It was really, really good! I have no idea how much the kids spent on the cake - that was their present to me, and I know better than to ask!

Meals for the Week:
Tuna Salad
Spaghetti with meatballs (I made and froze the meatballs months ago, thawed them out to go with dinner.)
Pizza made with Husband's spaghetti sauce
Vegetable Stir fry made with veggies that were in the "Please Take" box at work.
Vegetable soup - made with veggies that I didn't use in the stir fry.
A freezer meal I made several months ago.  This one was Italian Chicken.


Target, $15.04

Tomato products were on sale this week, so I picked up 3 cans. 

The enchilada sauce and green chiles were on the clearance rack. I see enchiladas in the very near future!

Daughter's slightly addicted to the Starbucks Refreshers, so I grabbed 2 boxes for her.  :)

Dinner Out:  $25
This week, we celebrated our 25th anniversary and my 50th birthday.  Husband and I went out for dinner for our anniversary!

Lunch at Work: $5 (rounded up)
 My office provided lunch for us as part of a mandatory training this week.  Since the lunch was from a local sandwich shop, and I'm gluten free, I had to pick up my own lunch.  I picked up a pack of blackberries, and a bag of apple slices.  I brought yogurt and peanut butter from home.  Peanut butter on apple slices, and yogurt with blackberries!  Mmmmm..... 

South Mountain Creamery: $14.59
Eggs, yogurt, and Goat's Milk for this mostly lactose intolerant family.


Total for the Week:  $59.63
Not too shabby!

Now, for the fun part:
My goal is to spend $150/week on groceries.
If I take the totals for every week this month, I come up with $116/month.
That's actually below my goal of $150/week.... so I really am averaging out well under that.  It helps that I am able to take advantage of sales, and have a big freezer that can hold meats and prepared meals.




No comments:

Post a Comment