Friday, July 31, 2015

Random Pictures

This has been a longer week than most!  Lots and lots of driving.  And the A/C in the van is out.  *blech*  and it's been really, really humid.  *double blech*.  I was looking through the camera roll on my phone this morning.  I'm getting ready to clean it out in preparation for moving kids into college over the next month, and I thought that it might make some sense to upload these while I was thinking about it!


When we hit up the Baltimore County Public Library the other day, we found a section of Russian Fiction.  Me, with my literary mind, I was thinking "Russian Fiction".  You know, Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn, Tolstoy, etc.  Imagine my utter surprise when I found Russian FICTION!!!  The books look fascinating, and the covers of the cookbooks (in the non-fiction section) were gorgeous.  I really wish I could read Russian!  



At the grocery store this week, I was surprised to find a display of Halloween candy.  NO school supplies (school starts in 3 weeks here) but, there was Halloween candy.  Halloween?  It's JULY!!!  Halloween in 3 MONTHS AWAY.  I especially question the flavors here. Pumpkin Spice Kisses?  Caramel Apple Milky Way?  Whatever happened to the Miniature chocolate bars?  And if I want  caramel apple, I want the real deal, real apples, dipped in real caramel, and rolled in chopped nuts, if at all possible.  


Princess Luna

The poor cat has been exhausted by the effort of being fabulous all day long.  Just look at that poor little thing- she even had to cover her eyes with her paw!




This is what 100% humidity looks like at 7 am.



The Mid-Atlantic is famous for it's humidity.  It gets hot here, too, but the humidity will kill you.  The temperatures have been in the 90's, but the humidity - oh dear lord - it's been close to 100% some days.  You can never really dry out.  We've had some wicked fog this week.  I've been carpooling with oldest child this summer - he took these pictures for me.



When I hit this stretch of road, I can usually see the stop sign.  It's just past the oncoming headlights.




After writing last week about the lack of butterflies, I am happy to report that we are now up to 3 Swallow Tails, and this gorgeous little brown number.  Still no monarchs, though.  Lots of the little, teeny, flittery butterflies have shown up this week, as well as the butterfly that looks like a hummingbird, but isn't.  I've been trying to get a picture of that little guy, but he's too fast for my camera phone.  I need a faster camera - on a tripod - to get a good picture of him.

Does anyone know which butterfly this is?


This weekend promises to be a quiet one!  We're spending time with my Mom and sister this afternoon.  Daughter is working both days this weekend, and husband and I are planning on spending some "we" time cleaning out and organizing that big, messy room in the basement.  We're trying to decide if it's worth the effort of having a garage sale!  Husband is planning on taking the kids and his Mom out to lunch one day this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment