Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Grocery Expenses Week of 7/7 - 7/13

No trips to the grocery store this week.  That's a good thing, considering how much money we spent last week!

Dinners this week have been fairly simple.  We've had a couple of salads made with the lettuce we picked up the week before.
In addition to the two nights of salad,  we had:
Arroz con Pollo (my Mom's recipe)
Salmon Pasta Salad
Fish Tacos (where I used a tiny bit of the chipotle chili peppers AND the adobo sauce)
Scrambled Eggs, mixed with a lot of veggies

Saturday night, all of the kids were out at work.  Husband and I packed a dinner of sandwiches, watermelon, and chips and went down to the park for a picnic dinner.  Holy Cow!  It was just the two of us!  We were able to go walking after we finished eating.  It made me realize that I'm really going to miss everyone when they head off to school in the fall, but it will be oh, so very nice to have my husband all to myself again!

For dinner tonight, I'm planning on pulling out the waffle iron and making a big batch of waffles for dinner.  We can freeze the leftovers to use for breakfast later.  Even better?  The waffle iron doesn't really heat up the house.  That's an extra bonus!

Fun Fact: during our last shopping trip, husband picked up 2 huge packs of chicken thighs on sale. You know, the big kind that has about 20 or more pieces to a package?  He pulled the chicken out, skinned it, and then packed them 3-4 in a bag and ran them through the vacuum sealer.  We've now got 15 packs of chicken, packed in a single meal size, frozen in the big freezer.  The next time I need chicken, I can just pull out a pack and run with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment