Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Favorite British Actors





I began this list on Wednesday night, once I was past the "no eating" moratorium imposed by my doctors.  I worked on it Thursday morning before my procedure, and a little bit on Thursday once I got home, with plans of releasing it on Friday morning.  Daughter took a look at what I had written on Friday morning, and  decided that I was still under the influence of some of the drugs the doctor had given me.  I decided it would be best (for me) to wait, and then recheck spelling and grammar before I released it.  A good thing I did!  It wasn't spelling and grammar that got me, though.  I rambled a lot more than usual.  A LOT more...

So, a couple of days late, here is my list of favorite British Actors.
(I watched a lot of BBC on Weds. and Thurs., hence the list.)

David Tennant

Image result for david tennant movies and tv shows
http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com
An amazing actor with a huge talent, Tennant first came to the attention of many Americans with his portrayal as the tenth Doctor in Doctor Who, beginning in 2005.  You can currently spot Tennant in the United States in Broadchurch.






Tom Hiddleston

Image result for tom hiddleston
http://www.huffingtonpost.com
Best known to U.S. audiences as "Loki" in the Avengers movies, Tom Hiddleston is a tremendous character actor whose most recent credits include War Horse, the Avengers, Thor, and Crimson Peak. 

I think why I adore Tom Hiddleston the most is the absolute way he has embraced his fame.  He has no trouble at all dressing up as Loki and heading off for promo events with young kids.  Staying in character the entire time, Tom will banter with the kids as Loki and take whatever they dish out at him.


Martin Freeman

martin freeman amanda abbington sherlock
http://showbizgeek.com/meet-mrs-watson/

Do I really need to say more?  Bilbo Baggins, John Watson, the U.K. version of The Office, and Fargo.

He's a very big talent, with a fantastic delivery that reminds me in many ways of Bob Newhart. 





John Cleese
You don't know who he is?  Didn't he have something to do with Monty Python?
Ummm.... yes, and so much more.  Seriously, if you don't know who he is, or what he's done, take some time out of your day and watch some Monty Python.  You can find his website here:  http://www.thejohncleese.com/

John Cleese
www.facebook.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment